ABOUT MEM LAB
The MEM Lab examines the cognitive and neural processes underlying human memory.
To better understand how memory works, we investigate:
- Encoding strategies to determine the most effective ways to remember words/pictures/events
- Retrieval procedures designed to show the processes that bring memories to mind
- Instructions that give participants different perspectives on the memory task and may affect the way a memory is stored
- Physiological correlates of memory processes using electrical recordings on the scalp (event-related potentials or ERP)
- Blood flow in the brain during a memory task using functional magnetic resonance imaging (fMRI)
Copyright 2014 MEM Lab, All Rights Reserved.